1 December 2018

Flickr archives: 2014


Let there be light. A detail shot of a light displayed in a lights shop near our home. Shot through the glass one evening. I love the flowing liens in this shot - and so did others.


Chinese Rembrandt. The title? A remark we overheard when my wife was painting in our gallery shop window during the 2013 Kampen Christmas celebrations (when I took this shot). One of the best shots of Lu.


Apeldoorn abstraction 1. First in a series of four shots of seats on the terrace of a restaurant in Apeldoorn. All four were well received at Flickr. The first one even made Explore (#499).


Apeldoorn abstraction 2. See before for the description of this series. This is my personal favourite of the four.


Apeldoorn abstraction 3. See before for the description of this series. The spots of blue and red are striking.


Apeldoorn abstraction 4. See before for the description of this series. The curve makes the shot for me in this one.


Abstraction in rust. A spot of rust that I spotted on a ship moored at the IJssel banks near our home. A nice contrast of liens left and right. Still, its success at Flickr was a bit unexpected. It hit Explore (#218) and was my most viewed shot for a while.


Nautical abstract. One of my own faves of the year. A close-up of a decoration aboard a ship during Sail Kampen.


From the Kampen Eye. During the Sail 2013 manifestation, a ferris wheel was placed on the parking near our home. Of course we used this opportunity to see our city from above, and this photograph is a memory of it.


Taking leaves. When we visited an art exhibition in Woudsend (Friesland), I looked further than only the art pieces. This shot of leaves through a frosted glass window was better than any picture I took of the art. Explored (#492).


Found diptych. Taken at the same exhibition. The left part is a rusty table used as part of a sculpture, the right part is the carpet of the exhibition hall. Explored (#492).


Artistic patterns. The third shot of the exhibition. A detail of a sculpture that got good responses. Explored (#497).


Elemental. One of my all-time favourite shots - and also one of my most faved. I took this picture in Munster, Germany. It is the flipped reflection of a church caught on a wet restaurant table after the rain. A huge hit on Explore as well (#76).


And all that rust. Another successful abstract based on wear and tear. I did not make a note what it is, and where I shot it (probably Kampen though). Explored (#291).


Abstraction stained glass. Another stained glass shot from the exhibition posted earlier. A very painting like quality. Explored (#499).


Something from nothing. One of my favourite shots to illustrated how you can create something from nothing. This started out as a drab piece of canal water, but I liked the patterns and hoped that simple post-processing (no photoshop, just picasa) might create something nice. I like it.


Dynamic. The reflection of a restaurant boat in the IJssel near our home. Good enough to keep, even though not among the better shots of its kind.


Fifty shades of green. The last shot of its kind from the Woudsend exhibition. Not explored, but well received.


Another green world. Plastic curtains hanging in front of a window in one of Kampen's small side-streets. I love this abstract, and it got good reactions as well.


Tearing the veil. A bit puzzled by this one myself, but reconstructing from the tags, this is definitely in Kampen (Brunnepe area), and probably a sand-covered window. It was well received.


An arm and a leg (and then some). I'm pretty sure I took this in a shop in Kampen, but information is lacking. Not a shot I care for, but it made Explore (#498).


Organic. I'm almost sure that this was a window display in the nearby town of Genemuiden. Explored (#488).


Millstone. Another one where I did not add any information when I posted it at Flickr. I think I saw this millstone in Hattem, near the windmill. Explored (#492).


Cold as ice. An abstract shot taken in the Broederkerk in Kampen. One of my disappointments in the first years of our gallery is that I selected this shot as one of eight to be printed on canvas (30x40) - and the absence of the shining quality totally destroyed the image.


Dunesque. Around this time, my wife had started a new hobby: making scarves and hats by felting. I took advantage of her work by shooting this abstract macro of one of her scarves.


Blokzijl water colours. Taken in the nearby town of Blokzijl. I think this was a flag on a yacht that reflected in the Blokzijl canal.


Morning mood at the bridge. Walking our dog one morning, I came across this scene. Beautiful contrast of the tall ship moored at the banks of the IJssel and the Kampen bridge in the fog.


Yet another green world. The counterpart to the shot listed above (plastic curtains hanging in front of a window in one of Kampen's small side-streets).


Crashed. This poor butterfly had suffered severe damage somehow and crashed just in front of our gallery. Well, at least it gave me an interesting shot that made Explore (#486).


Into the deep. My wife's palette is always good for a colourful abstract every once in a while. This is one of the better ones.


Tristesse. One last variations on the theme of green plastic curtains. I really like this series.


Art silhouette. A detail of an interesting sculpture displayed in the Koornmarktpoort, a dependance of the Kampen City Museum. It was created by artist Ossip from The Hague.


Kampen roofs. A deceptively simple shot, but the different shapes and colours of the roof tiles make it very interesting. One of my most faved shots of the year, and a success in Explore (#354).


IJsselmuiden sunrise. Not a big fan of sunrise and sunset shots, but I like this one because of the silhouettes of the tall ships and the bridge. Once again courtesy of walking the dog in the morning.


Ceiling light. Photographed in this way, this ceiling light almost seems to be organic, like a sea creature. No idea where in the Netherlands I shot this, but probably not in Kampen.


Excelsior Kampen. Looking up while walking the bridge over the river IJssel, I saw this. Click. One of my own favourites of the year, and one of the most faved shots as well. Explored (#118).


Redhead. Going back to the Burgel in Kampen for a water reflection shot. Not among the best, but like many of these shots, many good reactions on Flickr.


Perspective. Obviously, this is a detail of an art installation. I just can't remember where. Lots of faves though.


Memento mori. Closing out the year at a slightly pessimistic note. A detail of a grave inside the main church of Kampen. Explored (#498).